Sunday, April 12, 2009

New Menu!!! Plus Inspiration for Those with Picky Eaters

I want to tell you a little inspirational story today. About 2 1/2 years ago, I made a delicious stew. It was one of those hearty stews with big squares of potato, onion and unchopped baby carrots. mmmmm. Well, I was an experienced mom so when my young son sat down to his meal with his typical scowl for anything not mac-n-cheese, I was ready. I said, "I don't want to hear it. Just take a few bites and then you can go out and play." He gave me a resigned sigh and replied, "OK, Mom, but just answer one question first." he pointed to a carrot. "Is that a finger or a worm?" Wow. My cooking ego deflated fast. No wonder he hesitates when I serve something! Now, for the inspirational part. Eventually, he came to tolerate the stew and then, wonder of wonders, he actually liked it. So there is HOPE for picky eaters yet, if you only persevere! Now, on to the menu.

Monday:
Deli Style Sandwiches
Chips

Tuesday:
Turkey Noodle Soup
Homemade rolls

Wednesday:
Stirfry with Rice
Chinese crunchy noodles (lets face it, this is all the kids are going to eat durring the meal, so get a big bag)
Egg Flower soup

Thursday:
Pizza Casserole
Green Beans

Friday:
Baked Chicken
Rice pilaf
Steamed California Style Veggies

No comments:

Post a Comment